The New Workforce
Five Sweeping Trends That Will Shape Your Companys Future
Think beyond today's human resources issues...and into the future.
Today's workplace is already a tapestry comprising people of countless different backgrounds, ethnicities, age groups, regions, and more. But that diversity is just the beginning of a radical shift in the makeup-and requirements-of tomorrow's workforce.
The New Workforce gives you a clear picture of the rapid changes now underway-along with the steps required to attract and retain motivated, loyal, and productive employees. Based on a wealth of statistics, research, interviews, and firsthand experience, the book pinpoints five sweeping trends:
- An increasingly aging yet active population: Lifestyle changes and medical advances are keeping people alive and fit into their 90s; financial pressures and personal desire are keeping them working as well. Companies that can harness the power of these experienced and skilled employees will reap concrete financial benefits.
- The decline of the nuclear family and the rise of alternative households: Once considered the unshakable norm, the traditional nuclear family now represents only a small fraction of households. Today's workforce increasingly consists of female heads of households, same-sex partners, stay-at-home dads, dual-income families, unmarried couples, and other arrangements. And the benefits programs required to support and retain them are quickly evolving to make flexibility a key component.
- Four generations working side by side-with a fifth on the way: The Silent Generation, the Baby Boomers, Generation X, the Baby Boom Echo, and the newest entrants to the world-the Millennium Generation... Each has competing needs, values, expectations, and working styles. Smart companies will mine the wisdom and experience of their older employees with the energy and stamina of the younger ones to create a powerful multi-generational workforce.
- A workplace that is growing more diverse and more blended: Whether it's race, ethnicity, religion, gender, or sexual orientation, the workforce is growing more diverse at a faster rate than ever before. Truly successful companies won't just tolerate diversity; they will accept and respect their workforce in a blender.
- The need for a "higher purpose" in the workplace: A paycheck is not the only thing that employees want. Studies show that they also seek a spiritual component, which includes personal growth, balance, and meaningful purpose. Organizations that champion trust, individual respect, and ethical conduct will build committed workforces and creative thinkers.
In addition to mapping the path from current needs to future requirements, The New Workforce supplies powerful ideas for radically revamping HR policies, recruiting efforts, compensation and benefits, and learning and training, including advice on: flexible scheduling in-house medical support double family leave telecommuting literacy tutoring sabbatical programs digital matching aptitude testing total-rewards strategies mentoring up and much more.
The New Workforce is indispensable for human resources professionals, managers and executives, and entrepreneurs. It's an all-in-one resource for peering into the immediate future and preparing for the rapidly changing face of tomorrow's workforce.
- The Five Major Emerging Workforce Trends
- Trend 1: Longevity - The Aging Population: Living Better and Working
- Trend 2: More Varied Household Types - The Face of the New American Family
- Trend 3: Generations - Boomers and Echos and Nexters-Oh My!
- Trend 4: Diversity - America the Colorful
- Trend 5: Trust, Respect, and Ethics - Seeking "Higher Purpose" in the Workplace
- The Impact of the Trends on Human Resources
- The Impact on Human Resources Policy
- The Impact on Recruiting
- The Impact on Compensation and Benefits
- The Impact on Learning and Training
- Formula for the Future
- Flexibility, Respect, and Tons of Communication
- Future Think Tank
|Nb. de pages||240|
|Format||16 x 24|
|Intérieur||Noir et Blanc|
Nos clients ont également acheté
- Les meilleures ventes en Graphisme & Photo
- Les meilleures ventes en Informatique
- Les meilleures ventes en Construction
- Les meilleures ventes en Entreprise & Droit
- Les meilleures ventes en Sciences
- Les meilleures ventes en Littérature
- Les meilleures ventes en Arts & Loisirs
- Les meilleures ventes en Vie pratique
- Entreprise & Droit Stratégie - Direction d'entreprise Leadership - Organisation Changement
- Entreprise & Droit Stratégie - Direction d'entreprise Leadership - Organisation Organisation
- Entreprise & Droit RH et formation GRH
- Entreprise & Droit Marketing et vente Communication d'entreprise
- Entreprise & Droit Création d'entreprise Saga des entrepreneurs
- Entreprise & Droit Efficacité du manager Diriger - Décider
- Entreprise & Droit Efficacité du manager Animer une équipe
- Entreprise & Droit Efficacité du manager Communiquer - Gérer les conflits
- Entreprise & Droit Efficacité du manager Communiquer - Gérer les conflits Parler en public - Conduire une réunion
- Entreprise & Droit Efficacité du manager Techniques d'efficacité Rédiger ses documents
- Entreprise & Droit Emploi et carrière Tests