Classroom concepts will "come to life" with this outstanding fifth edition of Life by authors Lewis, Gaffin, Hoefnagels, and Parker. Ricki Lewis is well known for her ability to weave together solid biology content with interesting stories, real-life case studies and applications to student life. The fifth edition offers the depth of content, pedagogical organization, accuracy and visual appeal to serve both majors and non-majors biology students alike.
- The Art Program. Beautiful color-coordinated art and photo program, developed with the purpose of instruction. Each art figure has been thoroughly analyzed by the development team, our faculty consultant group, and by the authors.
- Customize this book through Primis Online! This title is tentatively planned to be part of the Primis Online Database: www.mhhe.com/primis/online
- Online Learning Center located at http://www.mhhe.com/life5.
- Once again we have put a great amount of time and resources into improving and updating the Online Learning Center to accompany this text. The student center of the OLC will serve as a comprehensive online studying tool, coordinated with end of chapter material in the text, to maximize student effectiveness in learning difficult material.
- Chapter by Chapter color customization -Professors now have the option to select only the chapters they cover in lecture allowing students savings in book costs.
- We present cutting edge science at a level students can understand. A captivating writing style, blending Lewis' talents as an accomplished biologist, science writer and college professor with the expertise of the three co-authors. Lewis employs a lively, story-telling style and uses current, true-life examples to engage student interest.
- We make it easy for you to use the latest classroom technology. The supplements package for the 5th edition is unmatched in this market. We provide you with 750 transparencies, all art, tables and photographs on our Instructor's Presentation CD-ROM, more than 600 life science animations for classroom presentation, Active Art that you can manipulate to suit your classroom setting, and PowerPoint lecture outlines.
- Unit 2 has been revised to keep it up to date. The chapters have been updated to reflect the latest advances and new thinking in the field of genomics.
- Text Organization - as a result of extensive focus group research, the organization has been modified to reflect a more traditional flow of information. The table of contents is accurate and up-to-date. We include chapters on viruses and speciation, plus substantial coverage of diversity, life cycles, plant transport systems and the human genome project.
- Totally new design! The design of the book was completely revamped with the 5th edition, making the book much friendlier to the student.
- We have added In-text cross references throughout. These will help students relate topics covered in one context, to the same topic covered in a different context, or to the introductory material for that topic.
- Genetics Problems. We've added a section of genetics problems to the chapters, where appropriate. The answers to the questions are provided in the back of the book.
- 1 From Atoms to Cells1 What is Life?
- 2 The Chemistry of Life
- 3 Cells
- 4 The Cell Surface and Cytoskeleton5 The Energy of Life
- 6 Photosynthesis
- 7 How Cells Release Energy2 Genetics & Biotechnology
- 8 The Cell Cycle
- 9 Meiosis
- 10 How Inherited Traits are Transmitted
- 11 Chromosomes
- 12 DNA Structure and Replication
- 13 Gene Function3 Evolution
- 14 The Evolution of Evolutionary Thought
- 15 The Forces of Evolutionary Change - Microevolution16 Speciation and Extinction
- 17 Evidence of Evolution
- 18 The Origin and History of Life4 The Diversity of Life
- 19 Viruses
- 20 Bacteria and Archaea
- 21 Protista
- 22 Plantae
- 23 Fungi
- 24 Animalia I: Sponges Through Echinoderms
- 25 Animalia II: The Chordates5 Plant Life
- 26 Plant Form and Function
- 27 Plant Nutrition and Transport
- 28 Reproduction of Flowering Plants
- 29 Plant Responses to Stimuli6 Animal Life
- 30 Animal Tissues and Organ Systems
- 31 The Nervous System
- 32 The Senses
- 33 The Endocrine System
- 34 The Musculoskeletal System
- 35 The Circulatory System
- 36 The Respiratory System
- 37 Digestion and Nutrition
- 38 Regulation of Temperature and Body Fluids
- 39 The Immune System
- 40 Human Reproduction and Development7 Behavior and Ecology
- 41 Animal Behavior
- 42 Populations
- 43 Communities and Ecosystems
- 44 Biomes and Aquatic Ecosystems
- 45 Environmental Challenges
L'auteur Collectif d'auteurs
Autres livres de Collectif d'auteurs
Caractéristiques techniques du livre "Life"
|Éditeur(s)||Mc Graw Hill|
|Nb. de pages||1008|
|Format||23 x 28|
Livraison à partir de 0,01 € en France métropolitaine (1)
Paiement en ligne SÉCURISÉ
Livraison dans le monde
Retour sous 15 jours
+ de 700 000 livres disponibles