There is certainly great need for this book. There is nothing quite like it.
Robert V. Kohn, Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences Bhattacharya has described the modern theory in the clearest and most pedagogical way that I have seen. It will be a very valuable addition to the literature on martensite.
Adrian P. Sutton FRS, University of Oxford
Bhattacharya explains in simple terms various ideas that only otherwise are available in the mathematical literature and completely unaccessible to a materials scientist... There is no comparable text out there.
Richard D. James, University of Minnesota
Bhattacharya is one of the top researchers in this field and perhaps the finest expositor of this material that I know.
Rohan Abeyaratne, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
The science of materials (metallurgy) tells us that every material contains microscopic features that vary at different length scales. This underlying microstructure determines the mechanical
properties of the material. This book presents the particularly dramatic and compelling case of shape-memory alloys, technologically important materials, beautifully explaining the link between
microstructure and macroscopic properties. A sample wire of shape memory material is included with the book.
Readership: Advanced undergraduates, graduates and researchers in applied mathermatics, materials science, mechanics and physics.
- Unique contribution at the interface of mathematics, physics and materials science.
- Easy-to-understand introduction to the microstructure of martensite.
- Includes a piece of shape-memory wire.
- Successful case study in multiscale modelling for understanding the link between microstructure and macroscopic properties.
- Modern modelling techniques applied to real-world problems.
L'auteur Kaushik Bhattacharya
Kaushik Bhattacharya, Professor of Mechanics and Materials Science, California Institute of Technology
- Review of Continuum Mechanics
- Continuum Theory of Crystalline Solids
- Martensitic Phase Transformation
- Twinning in Martensite
- Origin of Microstructure
- Special Microstructures
- Analysis of Microstructure
- The Shape-Memory Effect
- Thin Films
- Geometrically Linear Theory
- Piece-wise Linear Elasticity
Caractéristiques techniques du livre "Microstructure of Martensite"
|Éditeur(s)||Oxford University Press|
|Collection||Oxford Series on Materials Modelling|
|Nb. de pages||288|
|Format||16 x 24|
|Intérieur||Noir et Blanc|
Livraison à partir de 0,01 € en France métropolitaine (1)
Paiement en ligne SÉCURISÉ
Livraison dans le monde
Retour sous 15 jours
+ de 700 000 livres disponibles
- Tous les livres de la collection Oxford Series on Materials Modelling de l'éditeur Oxford University Press
- Tous les livres de Kaushik Bhattacharya