Real Engineering Situations, Real Engineering Data
With Montgomery and Runger's best-selling engineering statistics text, you can learn how to apply statistics to real engineering situations. The text shows you how to use statistical methods to design and develop new products, and new manufacturing systems and processes. You'll gain a better understanding of how these methods are used in everyday work, and get a taste of practical engineering experience through real-world, engineering-based examples and exercises.
Now revised, this Fourth Edition of Applied Statistics and Probability for Engineers features many new homework exercises, including a greater variation of problems and more computer problems.
- The text treats all topics in a way that reflects today's engineering realities. In the probability chapters, the authors emphasize engineering-specific examples, rather than counting methods or artificial applications such as gambling.
- Examples and exercises throughout the text use real data and real engineering situations.
- Coverage of probability is lively and interesting. It is complete but concise so as not to take over the content of the entire text.
- Thorough coverage of regression modeling, design of engineering experiments, and statistical process control from experts in these topics makes the book especially useful as a reference.
L'auteur - Douglas C. Montgomery
Douglas C. Montgomery is the ASU Foundation Professor of Engineering at Arizona State University, Tempe. He is the author of 13 books and over 160 technical papers. He is a Fellow of the American Statistical Association and the American Society of Quality.
- The Role of Statistics in Engineering
- Discrete Random Variables and Probability Distributions
- Continuous Random Variables and Probability Distributions
- Joint Probability Distributions
- Random Sampling and Data Description
- Point Estimation of Parameters
- Statistical Intervals for a Single Sample
- Tests of Hypotheses for a Single Sample
- Statistical Inference for Two Samples
- Simple Linear Regression and Correlation
- Multiple Linear Regression
- Design and Analysis of Single-Factor Experiments: The Analysis of Variance
- Design of Experiments with Several Factors
- Nonparametric Statistics
- Statistical Quality Control
- Appendix A. Statistical Tables and Charts
- Appendix B: Answers to Selected Exercises
- Appendix C: Bibliography Available at www.wiley.com/college/montgomery
- Applications in Examples and Exercises Continued
|Auteur(s)||Douglas C. Montgomery, George C. Runger|
|Nb. de pages||770|
|Format||20,5 x 26|
Nos clients ont également acheté
- Les meilleures ventes en Graphisme & Photo
- Les meilleures ventes en Informatique
- Les meilleures ventes en Construction
- Les meilleures ventes en Entreprise
- Les meilleures ventes en Sciences
- Les meilleures ventes en Littérature
- Les meilleures ventes en Arts & Loisirs
- Les meilleures ventes en Vie pratique
- Les meilleures ventes en Droit