A Computational Approach
Probability is a vital measure in numerous disciplines, from bioinformatics and econometrics to finance/insurance and computer science. Developed from a successful course, Fundamental Probability provides an engaging and hands-on introduction to this important topic. Whilst the theory is explored in detail, this book also emphasises practical applications, with the presentation of a large variety of examples and exercises, along with generous use of computational tools.
Based on international teaching experience with students of statistics, mathematics, finance and econometrics, the book:
- Presents new, innovative material alongside the classic theory.
- Goes beyond standard presentations by carefully introducing and discussing more complex subject matter, including a richer use of combinatorics, runs and occupancy distributions, various multivariate sampling schemes, fat-tailed distributions, and several basic concepts used in finance.
- Emphasises computational matters and programming methods via generous use of examples in MATLAB.
- Includes a large, self-contained Calculus/Analysis appendix with derivations of all required tools, such as Leibniz' rule, exchange of derivative and integral, Fubini's theorem, and univariate and multivariate Taylor series.
- Presents over 150 end-of-chapter exercises, graded in terms of their difficulty, and accompanied by a full set of solutions online.
This book is intended as an introduction to the theory of probability for students in biology, mathematics, statistics, economics, engineering, finance, and computer science who possess the prerequisite knowledge of basic calculus and linear algebra.
- A note to the student (and instructor)
- A note to the instructor (and student)
- Basic Probability
- Discrete Random Variables
- Continuous Random Variables
- Appendix A: Calculus review
- Appendix B: Notation tables
- Appendix C: Distribution tables
|Auteur(s)||Marc S. Paolella|
|Nb. de pages||488|
|Format||17 x 25|
|Intérieur||Noir et Blanc|
Nos clients ont également acheté
- Les meilleures ventes en Graphisme & Photo
- Les meilleures ventes en Informatique
- Les meilleures ventes en Construction
- Les meilleures ventes en Entreprise
- Les meilleures ventes en Sciences
- Les meilleures ventes en Littérature
- Les meilleures ventes en Arts & Loisirs
- Les meilleures ventes en Vie pratique
- Les meilleures ventes en Droit