Welfare of Pigs
From birth to slaughter
This work is one of the most easy-to-understand scientific reviews on animal welfare currently available, with over 700 specific references to animal welfare. All aspects of animal welfare with respect to pigs are discussed, from genetic selection and breeding to transportation and slaughter. This book was written by scientific experts renowned for their knowledge and work in the area of pig welfare. Their common goal was to provide an in-depth review and empirical assessment of pig production concepts, knowledge and techniques in use today.
The authors also had a practical goal to explain, through scientific examples, how improving animal welfare increases profitability.
This work is intended for academics, researchers, students, animal welfare associations, industry and anyone involved in the production chain or concerned about the welfare of pigs being raised on farms.
L'auteur Collectif CIRAD
Autres livres de Collectif CIRAD
- Welfare concepts
- Assessment of pig welfare
- The welfare of pregnant and lactating sows
- The welfare of piglets
- The welfare of growing-finishing pigs
- The welfare of pigs during transport
- Effects of preslaughter handling on stress response and meat quality in pigs
- Welfare of pigs during stunning and slaughter
- Breeding pigs for improved welfare
- Human-pig relationships
- The welfare of pigs: a social, ethical and scientific issue
Caractéristiques techniques du livre "Welfare of Pigs"
|Nb. de pages||316|
|Format||17 x 24|
|Intérieur||Noir et Blanc|
Livraison à partir de 0,01 € en France métropolitaine (1)
Paiement en ligne SÉCURISÉ
Livraison dans le monde
Retour sous 15 jours
+ de 700 000 livres disponibles