This self-contained work in mathematical analysis introduces the main ideas and fundamental methods of the subject, focusing on a simple and direct exposition of differential and integral calculus for functions of one variable with some of its applications.
It is an interesting and valuable historical account of ideas and methods in analysis with beautiful illustrations.
- functions of one variable
- differential and integral calculus
- asymptotic expansion and inequalities
- basic ordinary differential equations (including 1-dimensional motions
- central motions
- Kepler's laws and free and forced vibrations)and a discussion of elementary minimum principles in physics and geometry (such as refraction laws, Steiner's problem, isoperimetric problems, Dijkstra algorithm for minimal connections in graphs)
- rigorous exposition with full proofs motivated by numerous examples
- comprehensive bibliography and index.
This work, as well as subsequent texts by the authors embracing a broad range of subjects in analysis, aims primarily at developing connections between analysis and other mathematical disciplines (e.g., topology and geometry) as well as physics and engineering. An excellent resource for self-study or for classroom use at the advanced undergraduate level---or graduate level---depending on the institution.
- Numbers, Functions and their Graphs
- Limits and Continuity
- The Fundamental Ideas of the Differential and Integral Calculus
- The Calculus of Derivatives and Integrals
- Further Developments in Calculus
- Towards Differential Equations and Minimum Principles
- Mathematicians and Others Scientists
- Bibliographical Notes
L'auteur Mariano Giaquinta
Scuola Normale Superiore, Pisa, Italy
L'auteur Giuseppe Modica
The University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Caractéristiques techniques du livre "Mathematical analysis"
|Auteur(s)||Mariano Giaquinta, Giuseppe Modica|
|Nb. de pages||366|
|Format||16 x 24|
|Intérieur||Noir et Blanc|
Livraison à partir de 0,01 € en France métropolitaine
Paiement en ligne SÉCURISÉ
Livraison dans le monde
Retour sous 15 jours
+ d'un million de livres disponibles